Mather LifeWays to Develop Premier 62+ Community in Tysons, VA
TYSONS, VA–Mather LifeWays, a Chicago-based organization, is now accepting priority reservations for The Mather, a proposed new Life Plan Community for people 62 and better, in Tysons, VA.
Life Plan Communities are lifestyle communities in which people can pursue new passions and priorities, with a plan in place that supports aging well. Life Plan Communities provide an important benefit: a continuum of living options, which enables people to plan ahead to access additional services, including health care, if ever needed. Mather LifeWays operates Life Plan Communities in Illinois and Arizona.
Building upon Mather LifeWays 75+ years’ experience and success in developing and providing communities and services for older adults, The Mather will feature:
- Spacious, modern-living floor plans starting at $650,000, including one- and two-bedroom options, some with dens
- A variety of dining venues designed to deliver distinct culinary experiences, including al fresco dining
- A fitness center and day spa, including an exercise studio, cardio/weight training center, swimming pool, whirlpool, and steam showers
- Inspiring social, educational, and cultural opportunities, such as digital media workshops, live music, art + technology seminars, featured lecturers, and much more
- Culinary package options, plus housecleaning, maintenance, and landscaping services
- 24-hour concierge, valet parking, scheduled shuttle transportation, and nearby Metro service
- Priority access to The Mather Life Centre, which provides a full continuum of living options, including assisted living, memory support, and skilled nursing care suites, with various health plan coverage options
“We are excited about our plan to build a forward-thinking Life Plan Community in Tysons,” said Mary Leary, CEO and president of Mather LifeWays. “Tysons is fast becoming a centrally located lifestyle hub that offers unique residential, cultural, dining, and transportation options. Not only will residents enjoy a vibrant community, but they will also benefit from a NextraordinarySM lifestyle that is uniquely Mather. Our amenities and program offerings center around six dimensions of wellness that are supported by research from Mather LifeWays nationally recognized Institute on Aging.”
In addition to wellness-focused lifestyle programs, The Mather will offer well-appointed apartment homes with Smart Home Technology, amenity-rich community spaces, and lush green space. “The Mather will be luxury of a different kind for leading-edge Boomers who wish to plan ahead to live life to the fullest,” said Leary.
The Mather will provide numerous benefits in the area, including:
- Increased housing options for older adults who desire maintenance-free living
- Added retail on Westpark Drive that will activate the streetscape and enhance walkability • Significant green space, with all parking and loading below grade
- An urban park with walking paths, sitting areas, an urban green, a dog park, and a connection to existing neighborhood trails.
The Mather is projected to open in 2022. Pricing will include a one-time entrance fee that is 90% refundable to the resident or resident’s estate, and a monthly service fee. Prices will be dependent upon apartment size, location, service package, and health plan selected.
Priority reservations are currently being accepted. Priority Members will have priority in selecting an apartment home and view, can secure preconstruction prices, and be able to customize apartment home finishes. Interested individuals can become Priority Members by providing a fully refundable $1,000 deposit.
Mather LifeWays is a unique, non-denominational not-for-profit organization founded more than 75 years ago to enhance the lives of older adults. Dedicated to developing and implementing Ways to Age WellSM, Mather LifeWays creates programs, places, and residences for today’s young-at-heart older adults. These include providing a continuum of living and care; supporting neighborhoods in being better places for older adults to live, work, learn, contribute, and play; and identifying, implementing, and sharing best practices for Ways to Age Well.